Innovations in life sciences and biotechnology play an essential role in addressing public health challenges. For that reason, safeguarding these innovations and inventions is essential to the development of new solutions to urgent healthcare issues. My passion for these issues was a major factor in my decision to join NLO in 2021 as a trainee patent attorney.
In my previous position as a PhD researcher, I focused on finding innovative treatment strategies to overcome therapy resistance in multiple myeloma. This work taught me to think outside of the box and come up with new ideas that would tackle persistent problems. Over the coming years, I aim to gain further expertise in the field of national and international patent law in order to provide maximum protection for our clients’ inventions.
Education and training
- BSc Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp (2015)
- MSc Biomedical Sciences: Molecular and Cellular Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp (2017)
- PhD Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp (2021)
- Covalent Cysteine Targeting of Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) Family by Withaferin-A Reduces Survival of Glucocorticoid-Resistant Multiple Myeloma MM1 Cells. Cancers (Basel). 2021 Mar 31;13(7):1618. doi: 10.3390/cancers13071618.
- Physical plasma-derived oxidants sensitize pancreatic cancer cells to ferroptotic cell death. Free Radic Biol Med. 2021 Apr;166:187-200. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2021.02.026.
- Connecting the Dots in the Neuroglobin-Protein Interaction Network of an Unstressed and Ferroptotic Cell Death Neuroblastoma Model. Cells. 2019 Aug 11;8(8):873. doi: 10.3390/cells8080873. PMID: 31405213; PMCID: PMC6721670.