I conducted research in the field of neuroscience while working on my PhD at the Flemish Institute for Biotechnology (VIB-KU Leuven). My main area of expertise revolves around technologies related to stem cells, metabolomics and gene therapy (oligonucleotidens, CRISPR-Cas9). I used these technologies to find new treatment strategies for ALS, which resulted in several scientific publications and also introduced me to patent law. I am gaining a strong grounding in patent law as a trainee patent attorney at NLO, both within the company and outside of it.
My comprehensive research background and my thorough training in patent law will ensure that I understand your invention perfectly and will be able to offer it the best possible protection.
- Patent Attorney training programme
- PhD in Neuroscience, Flemish Institute for Biotechnology (VIB)
- MSc in Movement sciences – research in biomedical kinesiology, University of Leuven (KUL).
- Vandoorne T, Veys K, Guo W, Sicart A, Vints K, Swijsen A, Moisse M, Eelen G, Gounko, NV, Fumagalli L, Fazal R, Germeys C, Quaegebeur A, Fendt SM, Carmeliet P, Verfaillie C, Van Damme P, Ghesquiere B, De Bock K, Van Den Bosch L. Differentiation but not ALS mutations in FUS rewires motor neuron metabolism. Nature Communications 2019 Sep; 10:4147.
- Vandoorne T, De Bock K, Van Den Bosch L.: ‘Energy metabolism in ALS: an underappreciated opportunity?’ Acta Neuropathologica 2018 Apr;135(4):489-509.
- Guo W, Naujock M, Fumagalli L, Vandoorne T, Baatsen P, Boon R, Ordovás L, Patel A, Welters M, Vanwelden T, Geens N, Tricot T, Benoy V, Steyaert J, Lefebvre-Omar C, Boesmans W, Jarpe M, Sterneckert J, Wegner F, Petri S, Bohl D, Vanden Berghe P, Robberecht W, Van Damme P, Verfaillie C, Van Den Bosch L.: ‘HDAC6 inhibition reverses axonal transport defects in motor neurons derived from FUS-ALS patients.’ Nature Communications 2017 Oct 11;8(1):861.
- To see all of my publications, please consult: Google Scholar profile.