Patents are more than a legal document. They make it worthwhile to embrace creativity, and to act outside the box. I am looking forward to supporting clients through the entire intellectual property (IP) process, and to ensure that all pieces of the puzzle fall into place.
I have always been intrigued by the development of single cells into living beings, with specialised tissues and organs. To explore the molecular mechanisms that underlie such complex processes, I pursued a PhD focusing on epigenetic gene regulation. Interdisciplinary projects in my academic career allowed me to engage with inspiring, novel technologies, and develop strong communication skills. I believe this will enable me to obtain an in-depth understanding of clients’ needs.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences
- MSc in Molecular Mechanisms of Disease, Radboud University Nijmegen
- BSc in Biology, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Qu J, Betting V, Van Iterson R, Kwaschik FM, Van Rij RP. Chromatin profiling identifies transcriptional readthrough as a conserved mechanism for piRNA cluster biogenesis in mosquitoes. Cell Reports. 2023 Mar 28;42(3):112257.
- Betting V, Joosten J, Halbach R, Thaler M, Miesen P, Van Rij RP. A piRNA-lncRNA regulatory network initiates responder and trailer piRNA formation during mosquito embryonic development. RNA. 2021 Oct 27(10):1155-1172.
- Betting V, Van Rij RP. Countering Counter-Defense to Antiviral RNAi. Trends Microbiol. 2020 Aug 28(8):600-602.